Modern Shanghai City Day Tour
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Shanghai, Shanghai
- Product code: CXT067-cxt
You will be met by our local tour guide at your hotel lobby in Shanghai. First we will drive to People’s Square, a spectacular garden-type open space in the heart of the city surrounded by buildings and facilities for administration, cultural activities, transportation and commerce. We’ll pay a visit to the City Planning Exhibition Hall at People’s Square, the best and most visited museum in Shanghai which showcases the ever-changing face of Shanghai and is an essential visiting point for those interested in the evolution of the city.
Then walk to the Nanjing Pedestrian Road. The road stretches from The Bund east towards Hongqiao, with Shanghai’s center point People’s Square in the middle. Now Nanjing Road has turned into the number one site for shopping in the city.Next, wander from the eastern end of Nanjing Road to the Bund. The Bund is one of the most famous landmarks in Shanghai. Standing on the bank of Huangpu River, the 52 various buildings of different architectural styles including Gothic, Baroque, Romanesque, Classicism and the Renaissance are a symbol of Shanghai’s past.
After lunch, continue to visit the new development zone in Pudong – Lujiazui Finance & Trade Zone. We’ll take the elevator to the 88-storey Observation Deck of Jinmao Tower to have a bird’s eye view of Huangpu River. After that head to “Xintiandi” – something like Lan Kwai Fong in Hong Kong and Clarke Quay in Singapore. Xintiandi is a fashionable pedestrian street composed of Shikumen and modern architecture style. At the end of the day tour, you are transferred back to your hotel in Shanghai.
- All entrance tickets as mentioned in itinerary
- Typical Chinese lunch in itinerary
- All private transfer as mentioned in itinerary
- Air-condition car and driver, English speaking tour guide
- One bottle of mineral water per day
- The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join in your group
- Personal expense
- Gratuities (recommended)